Navigation Menu

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Traveler

It's an exciting week for our family, Ariel is off to camp. I think the excitement was much more Ariel's than the rest of ours. She was going off on an adventure, while the rest of us are left with a hole. We may try to go about our normal business, or we may try to fill the void with new things, or activities, but it doesn't change the fact that there is something big missing. It's my daughter, and nothing can replace her. I think it's always good for parents to be separate from their children, it helps them not take them for granted, and it just reminds us all of how much we need each other. God has blessed us greatly, being a family that loves each other.

I know Ariel is having the time of her life right now. She's off to church camp, playing games with her friends, spending her hard earned money at the snack bar, losing sleep staying up late talking, worshipping God and drawing closer to Jesus. I pray that even at the young age of eight, this will be a life changing experience for her. I can't wait to have her come back home to us and hear all about the wonders that happened at camp this summer.


After dropping Ariel off yesterday morning at the church, we all drove home just a little bit sad. We kept busying doing fun things together, but Ariel was still missed by all of us. Before going to bed last night, I found this card sitting on the computer desk. I just had to share it here, and we mailed it to the campground for Ariel to see. Gabriel just might have missed his sister most of all. They spend a great deal of the day arguing with each other, but it's very nice to know that when it really comes down to it, they love each other so much.

Translated: Dear Ariel, I hope that you have fun but
I miss you really really really really really really really
really really really really really really really really
much. I am sorry that you got
bit by that tick and that you can't
go on the zipline or the blob.
So cute! He must think she's sleeping in a tent at her camp!

Saying goodbye was not easy for any of us. I just pray that Ariel is having the time of her life, and that's she's forgotten all of us here. I don't want her to be homesick, I want her to have fun.




When I ask Zechariah where Ariel is at, his answer, "no, bus". He believes she's going to spend the entire week on the bus we waved goodbye to. And I bet when it's over we still won't be able to convince him differently. We'll go to pick her up at the church on Friday, and she will get off of the bus. Maybe Zech is the one who has it right!


We love you, Ariel!
I pray that your trip goes safely and is full of adventure. I pray that you will grow closer to God and all your friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...