Navigation Menu

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Chili Verde

It's been awhile since I shared a recipe, so I thought it was time for a family favorite of ours. We've been eating this for years, in fact it was a recipe of my mom's from when I was growing up. I believe it came from a period of time that my mom was into once a month cooking. You would spend one day making several recipes and then freeze them for a later date.

My kids love this, and specially request it on occasion. It's a kind of spicy burrito made with chicken. Beware when you make it, your house will be filled with the smell of spices and it holds particularly well to your clothes.

Chili Verde
3 chicken breasts
2 15oz. cans pinto beans
4oz. can chopped green chilies
1 tsp. cumin
3/4 tsp. oregano
1/8 tsp. ground cloves
1/8 tsp. red cayenne pepper
1 tsp. minced garlic
1 tsp. salt
3 chicken bullion cubes
3 cups water
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
Monterey Jack cheese
Tortilla shells

Cut chicken in cubes and fry. Add beans, chilies, water & seasonings. I usually simmer this for about 1 hour, until all the water is cooked off. Serve hot on tortillas, top with Monterey Jack cheese.

chili Verde recipe
It's very easy to make, and tastes wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...