Navigation Menu

Friday, January 7, 2011

Kids Say the Darndest Things

To give you a little background on this story, anytime we leave the house and return we are greeted by Zechariah running to our legs, grabbing them in a great big hug, and saying, ”Oh, Mommy, I miss you.” Or “Daddy, I miss you.” It doesn’t matter who it is in the family, Zechariah misses them when they are away. If you leave twice in the same day, he will say, “I miss you again!”

Zechariah just recently was sick and needed to stay home from church. He didn’t take the news at dinner very well. The kids were all getting their shoes on and washing their faces when Zech started crying that he wanted to go too. We told him we were very sorry, but he was sick and needed to stay home. He yelled back, “No, Mommy! I fine! I not sick!” I tried to explain that yes he was, and he would need to stay home with me. He didn’t like that idea, and looked up at his dad with big sad eyes and said crying, “I go with YOU, Daddy. I not stay home.”

I tried to sound enthusiastic and told him, “No, you’re going to stay home with Mommy.”

He came over to me, put his hands on my shoulders and said, “No, Mommy. I want MISS you!”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...