Navigation Menu

Friday, September 30, 2011

Kids Say the Darndest Things

This morning I was helping Gabe get ready for school when he asked me to tie his shoes. I told him it was time he learned how to do it for himself. For the past few years we've taken the easy way out and just bought him Velcro time and again. I figured we finally needed to tackle this issue. After all, he's in second grade now.

He told me, "That's impossible. I will never be able to tie my own shoes."

I questioned his statement, "What about when you're a grownup? Are you expecting me to drive to your house every morning to tie your shoes for you??"

Starter boys black tennis shoesHe laughed at my suggestion. "Of course not. My wife will do it for me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...