Navigation Menu

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Yesterday morning we were off to a late start. Sometimes things just don't go as planned and we fall behind. Both of my older kids were using the bathroom as I yelled to them, "Guys we're going to be late for school and we don't even get to do prayer journal today!"

Zech answered me, "We don't care"

"Well, I care."

"I don't care."

I was beginning to get rather irritated at him and thought his opinion was irrelevant. "I think Ariel and Gabe agree with me. They care."

"We don't care."

"That's not very nice." I said in a very stern voice.

"Mommy, I don't care means 'yes'. Just a second is 'yes or no'."

All my frustration melted away in an instant. I had to laugh out loud. Zech is always analyzing my answers to him. Usually the question is, "Can I play on the computer?" And my answer always differs. It's either, "I don't care. Maybe. In a little bit. Just a second." To him they all have different meanings. So when he said he didn't care about doing the prayer journal, it was actually an agreement that he wanted to do it. I'm sure those things can be rather confusing to a four year old!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...