Navigation Menu

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Stretch

We are at the end getting ready to begin again. Don't you love a fresh start with no mistakes? Get ready for a brand new year!

When a new year comes we often try to set goals for ourselves, things we want to do differently. What is happening next in your life? Are you ready for it?

In Joshua 1:9, it says, "Be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go."

Isn't that awesome! One of my favorite things I love about God is the fact that He never leaves us and He always equips us. God is constantly trying to stretch me in my life, and never has He thrown me out there without the tools to survive. I love that about Him. He shows me what plans He has for me, and then He gives me the words to say, and the strength to make sure it gets done. I am not alone!

I used to spend so much time feeling lonely and sorry for myself. Not anymore. I have the strength and courage to do what needs to be done. I'm not afraid anymore. God has proven Himself to me. I can be strong and courageous, walking in faith because I know He will carry me through to the other side. It is not just a verse to me, it's a lifestyle. I can boldly go where He asks.

Life is all about stretching and becoming more than we already are. I don't want to be the same person I was in 2012. I want to strive to become more than I've ever been. Our church has a statement that should ring true with all of us, "We are raising up people who are becoming more like Christ." That's the cry of my heart. In 2013, I want God to stretch me, to show me how to become more like Him.


    Let's all get ready for a brand new year!
    1) Commit yourself to God's new thing for you in 2013.
    To a ship that does not know its destination, no wind is favorable.

    2) Get rid of yesterday's dirt.
    When you mess up, fess up, clean up, & MOVE ON!
    Leave all the dirt behind. Dirt you made yourself and dirt kicked upon you by others.

    3) Prepare Yourself.
    What do you need to pack up? What do you need to leave behind?
    Make sure it's a God thing... if it is; He will give you the strength to do it.


  • Zechariah - I like eating candy at church. I want to get a teacher for school. Go to Gabe's school in kindergarten.


  • Gabriel - My eating habits. I'm going to start eating slower and not rip into the food. To memorize 3 Bible verses per week.


  • Ariel - I want to be more responsible. I want to remember to do stuff and ask for things. (Get mom to sign my practice logs, and remember to tell about certain events.) Keep the same cell phone all year. I'd like to read the Bible through with mom and dad.


  • Amanda - I want to read through the Bible again in a year, this time the Message version. As Zechariah starts school this year, I want to learn to be content all by myself, and to learn to do the things God wants and let go of those that don't matter.


  • Titus - My goal for next year is to practice not feeling obliged to volunteer for things so I can spend the majority of the holidays with my family.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...